I International Music Competition
«Silk Way» named after Sergey Prokofiev
Europe – Russia– China
Deadline for application (including a link to the video) –
31 December 2020
Acceptance of applications and payment of organizational fees is extended until 01/15/2021 !!!
The results of the competition will be announced at www.artistproject.ru
no later than 31 January 2021
1. Organizing Committee
● Concert agency ArtIst (Moscow, Russia)
● Tatiana Chistiakova — concert pianist, laureate of international competitions, artistic director of ArtIst Concert agency
● Yuliya Yakushina, Vladimir Vysotskiy — organisers of the concert commemorated to the 70th anniversary of establishing the diplomatic relations between China and Russia on 14th November, 2019 at the Saint-Petersburg Philharmonic
2. Partners of the competition
- Auditorium Circolo Unione (Bari, Italy)
- Interlational Culture Association (Turku, Finland)
3. Goals of the competition:
● Development of and education in performing and visual arts among the young
● Showcasing and support of both students and teachers of arts schools and colleges
● Support in further career development of young performers and artists by providing the opportunity to perform at concert stages or exhibit works
● Building a stronger cultural cooperation between the countries
We invite instrumentalists, vocalists – professionals or amateurs, students or teachers – of all ages.
All participants compete via video selection in one round.
- Piano (solo, ensembles)
- Strings (solo, ensembles)
- Winds (solo, ensembles)
- Folk instruments (solo, ensembles)
- Classical vocals (solo, ensembles)
- Pop vocals (solo, ensembles)
- Traditional singing (solo, ensembles)
- Performance groups
- Concertmaster`s art
6. Age categories and repertoire
- Category A: not older than 8 years of age – max. 5 minutes free repertoire
- Category B: 9-10 years of age – max. 5 minutes free repertoire
- Category C: 11-12 years of age – max. 10 minutes free repertoire
- Category D: 13-15 years of age – max. 10 minutes free repertoire
- Category E: 16-18 years of age – max. 15 minutes free repertoire
- Category F: 19-25 years of age – max. 15 minutes free repertoire
- Category G: over 26 years of age – max. 15 minutes free repertoire
. In duets and ensembles, the age category is determined by the age of the youngest participant. The chosen repertoire should appropriate according to age. All solo works must be performed from memory. The use of score is permitted for instrumental duets and ensembles.
7. Evaluation and jury
The contestants’ performance is evaluated by a professional jury on a 100-points scale. The decision of the jury is final and is not subject to review or appeal.
The contestants are judged according to the following criteria:
- technical proficiency
- accuracy of performance
- level of difficulty of repertoire (with regard to the ability of the contestant)
- sound quality and touch
As a result, the following prizes can be awarded:
Grand-Prix – 100 points
1st prize – 95-99 points
2nd prize – 90-94 points
3rd prize – 85-89 points
Diploma – 80-84 points
Alexey Kudryashov, piano (Moscow, Russia)
Soloist of the Moscow State Academic Philharmonic, winner of international competitions, teacher at the F. Chopin Moscow State College of Music Performance.
Nikolay Ageev, clarinet (Moscow, Russia)
laureate of international competitions, teacher at the Moscow State Conservatory.
Tatiana Porshneva, violin (Moscow, Russia)
teacher at the Moscow State Conservatory, assistant concertmaster at the Russian National Orchestra under M. Pletnev, founder and leader of ‘Scherzo-Quartet’
Victoria Zyablitskaya, soprano (Moscow, Russia)
solo vocal teacher at the M. Ippolitov-Ivanov Moscow State Pedagogical Institute, laureate of international competitions, chamber and operatic singer.’
Anna Maria Sallustio, piano (Bari, Italy)
teacher of pianoforte at the Conservatory of music N.Piccinni in Bari, concert performer, Artistic curator Union Circle of Bari, member of jury of many international piano competitions.
8. Registration fee:
Soloists — 2500 RUB
Duo, trio — 2000 RUB per person
Piano accompanist — 2000 RUB
Ensemble (4-10 members) — 1500 RUB per person,
Ensemble (over 10 members) — per ensemble — 10000 RUB
All currencies will be debited at the rate of the central bank.
Participation fees are non-refundable.
Please send your application and the link to your video recording to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 December 2020, putting “Silk Way” in the title of your e-mail. After we receive your application, we will send you an invoice for the participation fee.
9. The video-recording should comply with the following requirements:
- your performance should not be subject to video editing of any type.
- the camera must be fixed to avoid the “shaky hands” effect
- your face and hands, as well as your instrument, should be clearly seen
- you can submit a video of a recital or exam performance
- you should upload your video to YouTube or Youku.com and send us the link of this video
- you can send us several links
The award ceremony will take place at the winners’ gala concert. Other contestants will be awarded – in their respective category – the title of laureate of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade, or the title of diplomant. The participants also receive diplomas in electronic form, as well as electronic certificates for participation in international music competitions in Russia, Italy, and Kazakhstan
All of the laureates will be admitted for the final ‘Silk Way’ Summer Competition & Festival taking place in Moscow/St.Petersburg comprising recitals, masterclasses and excursions. Rules and regulations of the will of the final Summer Competition & Festival to be published at www.artistproject.ru no earlier that March, 2021.
The teachers of the contestants will receive letters of thanks per e-mail.
You have to pay the entrance fee according to the chosen nomination, using the payment system of our website. Link to payment: https://artistproject.ru/product-category/uncategorized/
Fill out the registration form and send it via E-mail to email@example.com. Please, put the title ‘Silk Way’ to your letter.
!!! THE REGISTRATION FORM SHOULD BE FILLED OUT ONLY IN ENGLISH OR RUSSIAN !!!
Your application for participation should include:
➢Your full name, phone number and e-mail address
➢Nomination and age category
➢Name of your school/college/university
➢The full name of your teacher, their phone number and e-mail address
➢The full name of your concertmaster, their phone number and e-mail address
➢Your repertoire and performance duration
➢Link to the video-recording(s)
➢Your mail address
By participating in the competition all contestants agree to provide the required personal data to the organizing committee and permit the publishing of the video of gala concert performance and results on the web-page of the competition.
In case of noncompliance with the Rules of the Contest by the contestant or its representatives, the organizing committee preserves the right to dismiss the contestant from further participation or withhold the award.
In case of any dispute the only right version of Rules is Russian.