2nd International Music competition «Silk Way» named after A. Skriabin
Deadline for application (including a link to the video) – 1 May 2022
The results of the competition will be announced at www.artistproject.ru no later than 15 May 2022, the diplomas will be sened no later than 30 May 2022. All of the laureates will be admitted for the Silk Way’ Summer Grand Final in Kolomna from 25 July to 1 August. Grand Prix – 50 000 RUB
• Organizing Committee
• Concert agency ArtIst (Moscow, Russia)
• Tatiana Chistiakova — concert pianist, laureate of international competitions, artistic director of ArtIst Concert agency
• Yuliya Yakushina, Vladimir Vysotskiy — organisers of the concert commemorated to the 70th anniversary of establishing the diplomatic relations between China and Russia on 14th November, 2019 at the Saint-Petersburg Philharmonic
Partners of the competition:
• Auditorium Circolo Unione(Bari, Italy)
• Interlational Culture Association (Turku, Finland)
• Association “W.A. Mozart” (Italy)
• Corporate group Pianorooms (Moscow, Russia)
Goals of the competition:
• Development of and education in performing and visual arts among the young
• Showcasing and support of both students and teachers of arts schools and colleges
• Support in further career development of young performers and artists by providing the opportunity to perform at concert stages or exhibit works
• Building a stronger cultural cooperation between the countries
All participants compete via video selection in one round.
• Piano (solo, ensembles)
• Strings (solo, ensembles)
• Winds (solo, ensembles)
• Folk instruments (solo, ensembles)
• Classical vocals (solo, ensembles)
• Pop vocals (solo, ensembles)
• Traditional singing (solo, ensembles)
• Performance groups
• Concertmaster`s art
• Age categories and repertoire
• Category A: not older than 8 years of age – max. 5 minutes free repertoire
• Category B: 9-10 years of age – max. 5 minutes free repertoire
• Category C: 11-12 years of age – max. 10 minutes free repertoire
• Category D: 13-15 years of age – max. 10 minutes free repertoire
• Category E: 16-18 years of age – max. 15 minutes free repertoire
• Category F: 19-25 years of age – max. 15 minutes free repertoire
• Category G: over 26 years of age – max. 15 minutes free repertoire
In duets and ensembles, the age category is determined by the age of the youngest participant. The chosen repertoire should appropriate according to age. All solo works must be performed from memory. The use of score is permitted for instrumental duets and ensembles.
Evaluation and jury
The contestants’ performance is evaluated by a professional jury on a 100-points scale. The decision of the jury is final and is not subject to review or appeal.
The contestants are judged according to the following criteria:
• technical proficiency
• accuracy of performance
• level of difficulty of repertoire (with regard to the ability of the contestant)
• sound quality and touch
As a result, the following prizes can be awarded:
Grand-Prix – 100 points
1st prize – 95-99 points
2nd prize – 90-94 points
3rd prize – 85-89 points
Diploma – 80-84 points
Marina Pliassova, piano (Norway)
She is a lecturer, PhD-kandidate (doctoral student) at the Barratt Due Institute of Music in Oslo: principal piano, the History of Piano Art. She is the head of the Young Talents department at the Barratt Due Institute of Music Marina is a member of the Norwegian Non-fiction Writers and Translators Association
Alexey Kudryashov, piano (Moscow)
Laureate of international competitions, Moscow State Philharmonic soloist, piano teacher at F.Chopin College of Music Performing (Moscow).
Andrey Dubov, piano (Moscow)
Moscow State Philharmonic soloist, piano teacher at Gnessin`s Academy of music.
Elena Korzhenevich, violin
Laureate of international competitions, teacher at the Moscow State Conservatory
Svetlana Mitryaikina, flute
Laureate of international competitions, principal at the National Philharmonic Orchestra (2004 –2014); teacher and head of the chamber ensemble department at Academy of Jazz.
Sergei Kovtunov, guitar
Laureate of international competitions, member of ‘Tornado’ Guitar Duet.
Tatyana Shatkovskaya, composition and improvisation
Member of Composer`s association of Russia, docent of Moscow State Conservatory.
Elisey Dregalin , drums
Member of Mark Pekarsky Ensemble, Kymatic Ensemble, laureate of international competitions, teacher.
Victoria Zyablitskaya, soprano (Moscow, Russia)
solo vocal teacher at the M. Ippolitov-Ivanov Moscow State Pedagogical Institute, laureate of international competitions, chamber and operatic singer.
• Soloists — 2500 RUB, or 28 EUR, or 32 $, or 215 ¥.
• Duo, trio — 2000 RUB, 22 EUR, 26 $, or 172 ¥ per person
• Piano accompanist — 2000 RUB, or 22 EUR, or 26 $ or172 ¥
• Ensemble (4-10 members) — 1500 RUB, or 17 EUR, or 20 $, or 130 ¥ per person,
• Ensemble (over 10 members) — 10000 RUB, or 110 EUR, 130 $, or860 ¥ per ensemble
Participation fees are non-refundable.
Please send your application and the link to your video recording to firstname.lastname@example.org before 01 May 2022, putting «Silk Way» in the title of your e-mail. After we receive your application, we will send you an invoice for the participation fee.
The video-recording should comply with the following requirements:
• your performance should not be subject to video editing of any type.
• the camera must be fixed to avoid the “shaky hands” effect
• your face and hands, as well as your instrument, should be clearly seen
• you can submit a video of a recital or exam performance
• you should upload your video to YouTube or Youku.com and send us the link of this video
• you can send us several links
• you can submit links to both video and audio recordings
• you can submit several links
• you should submit the score of your music in pdf
All contestants will be awarded – in their respective category – the title of laureate of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade, or the title of diplomant.
The teachers of the contestants will receive letters of thanks per e-mail.
• You have to pay the entrance fee according to the chosen nomination, using the payment system of our website
• Fill out the registration form and send it via E-mail to email@example.com . Please, put the title ‘Silk Way’ to your letter.
THE REGISTRATION FORM SHOULD BE FILLED OUT ONLY IN ENGLISH OR RUSSIAN!
Your application for participation should include:
Your full name, phone number and e-mail address
Nomination and age category
Name of your school/college/university
The full name of your teacher, their phone number and e-mail address
The full name of your concertmaster, their phone number and e-mail address
Your repertoire and performance duration
Link to the video-recording(s)
Your mail address
By participating in the competition all contestants agree to provide the required personal data to the organizing committee and permit the publishing of the video of gala concert performance and results on the web-page of the competition.
In case of noncompliance with the Rules of the Contest by the contestant or its representatives, the organizing committee preserves the right to dismiss the contestant from further participation or withhold the award.
In case of any dispute the only right version of Rules is Russian.